The web is the first place people turn to for quick access to the information they need. What it means to you, is that your online presence needs to be more effective than ever. You've recognised the need for your business to be online but you've started to shop around now you're not sure what kind of website you need! Every website has a different purpose and the best way to determine the purpose, is by focusing on what you’re hoping to achieve.
Here are some things for you to consider before you speak to web designers:
- What do you want your website to achieve?
- Are you looking to increase sales or to raise awareness?
- Are you aiming to enhance your customer's experience by providing better after-sales care?
- Is your website one that you want customers to return to again and again, or is it something that people are likely to only need once?
- Who will actually use your website? Is your website going to be for existing members or is this open to the general public? If it is for customers, who are your customers? Will they understand what you are selling and will they know where to find it? If you are aiming for the general public, will they understand technical jargon or internal project names? Will your intended users be using an old PC or an iPhone? Make sure you know who your intended audience is before you start.
- How often will your website need to be updated? Some websites will have content which will stay relevant for decades, others will become out of date in a matter of minutes, so knowing which type of website yours will be is something you will need to work out early on.
Once you've considered these questions you'll have a better idea of what you need. Here's a handy flowchart to work through to help you determine what kind of website you need:
If you're still confused contact us we'd be happy to discuss your needs further and give you some friendly advice.